To set up EAC to automatically create SHN's of an extracted disc you will first need to have shortn32.exe installed (found here)
Now, when you extract tracks, they will each be encoded to Shorten. Make sure you review the EAC error log when
making SHN's with DAE to make sure they don't contain errors.
- Go to EAC > Compression Options > "External Compression" Tab
- Check "use external program for compression," then pick Shorten from the dropdown list.
- Browse to your shortn32.exe file (Should be
c:\windows\command for Windows 95/98 users;
c:\winnt\system32 for Windows NT/2000 users;
or c:\windows\system32 for Windows XP users).
- Check the "delete WAV after compression" if you want.
Thanks to Jeremy Clark for this information!
Additional note for Windows XP users!
You will also need to go to the location of shortn32.exe, and follow these directions:
* Right-click on the shortn32.exe
* Click properties
* Click the Compatibility tab
* Click the checkbox for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:
* In the pulldown menu, choose "Windows 2000"
* Apply your changes
For additional tips on setting up EAC, please go to
the Official EAC Documentation Page,
Elite DAE, or
The Coaster Factory's EAC Pages,
Dick's EAC page.